Lymphatic drainage is a delicate form of massage that stimulates the body’s lymphatic system, improving the metabolism, helping the body to eliminate waste and toxins, transporting nutrients to cells and providing a boost to the immune system.
Lymphatic drainage is especially useful for individuals who seem to suffer regularly from common illnesses like colds and flu. It is also recommended for people who lead sedentary lifestyles, or those who want to reduce puffiness or swelling. It has a positive effect on cellulite, dysfunctional respiratory systems, fatigue and it is an important part of lymph oedema treatment.
This treatment is highly recommended for anyone who has recently had a ‘tummy tuck’, ‘liposuction’ or ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’. Consultants recommend a course of Lymphatic Drainage Massage for 4 to 12 weeks after treatment. It is believed to decrease recovery time and improve results, by reducing post-surgical swelling and fibrosis (scar tissue formation).
The lymphatic system is a vital bodily defence against infection and disease. Lymphatic drainage massage is one of the best things you can do to help your body help itself.
Lymphatic drainage can:
- reduce the chance of you suffering from minor colds and viruses
- help your body fight off infection, and speed up healing and recovery from illness
- help reduce water retention
- boost weight loss, as improving the lymphatic system will improve your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories more efficiently
- be part of the treatment of lymphoedema, liposuction, tummy tuck, Brazilian Butt lift
- reduce swelling, puffiness and blotches
- give you clean, healthy pores and a healthy skin
- help to reduce cellulite, as it increases blood flow and circulation to the affected areas
You can book this service at the convenience of your home. Home appointments cost £50/hour, it includes travel costs within Leicester.
Mobile massage is available out of Leicester, with a £0.5/mile additional cost.
Minimum booking time is 1 hour.