Swedish massage (Full body massage/Back massage)
Swedish massage is the most common and most popular type of massage in the West. If it’s your first time or you don’t get massage often, Swedish massage is the best place to start. It is the foundation for other types of Western massage, including sports massage, deep tissue massage and aromatherapy massage.
It is the combination of many different techniques rolled into one session. During this therapy session the therapist will work with the soft tissues and muscles in the body to help restore balance and health.
A Swedish body massage is brilliant at combating stress and chronic pain. It relaxes the mind and body and your circulation and lymph system are boosted, too. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing.
You can choose to have your full body or just an area done. Back, neck and shoulders are popular as these get particularly tight from being at a computer all day. The pressure can be as light or firm as you like.
The Health Benefits of Swedish massage:
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Reduces tension and anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
- Helps skin conditions such as dry or oily skin.
You can book this service at the convenience of your home. Home appointments cost £50/hour, it includes travel costs within Leicester.
Mobile massage is available out of Leicester, with a £0.5/mile additional cost.
Minimum booking time is 1 hour.